03 October 2005

The First Step...

A couple of things in today’s entry…

1) I had mentioned that 1 Oct 05 was the start date for establishing the savings account for our contributions. I also mentioned that ING Direct has a no-fee investment savings account. At this time, I have established regular biweekly payments into a credit union account for now, starting with the first $200 deposit 30 Sept 05. I will be transferring it to ING Direct, once I set up the deposits to go to ING automatically from my credit union account. The journey has started!

2) I wanted to give more information on the basics of investment strategy, but I have been researching the riskgrades.com site, and find it intriguing. I have set up the portfolio above, and in the next blog, I will give details on how it works, and how it can be a useful tool for capturing risk, and additional information for making our decisions on investing.

** keep in mind, that the tools used above, are only tools. You may wish to use another method of tracking for your investments **

Good luck with your investments!

No comments: