09 September 2006

Ford and Mulally: When Will the Price Be Right?

I can't help but comment on the news of Mulally's compensation of $18.5 million for moving to Ford. CNN reported that this was compensation for what he will be giving up by moving from Boeing.


I would think that in order to gain the confidence of the rest of Ford's employees, a gesture on Mulally's part would be to take less compensation now, and merit bonuses as he turns the company around. That being said, how much faith does Mulally have in his confidence and ability to turn Ford around, if he is taking his money upfront?


If I was a Ford employee, I would seriously consider what might be happening down the road. It would have been in better faith, if Bill Ford made Mulally's compensation dependent on his results...and not give such a hefty upfront signing bonus.


A short time down the road, we will see if things pan out...but I don't think the stock is going up anytime soon, and do what the GM stock did this year.




Stay tuned...I am sure things are going to get interesting in Dearborn towards the end of the year.

No comments: